One of the most important service company operating in Oil & gas for more than 40 years selected IDC for the supply of two identical plants for condensate polishing with external regeneration to be installed in Punta Catalina (2×360 MW Coal-fired Power Plant) site, in Dominican Republic.
The purpose of Condensate Polishing System is to provide polishing of condensate coming from turbine to remove unwanted ions by ion exchange resins, saving water and energy to produce new condensate.
The mixed bed resins are separated and regenerate externally the columns using a dedicated system. The eluates from regeneration are treated on a dedicated neutralisation section.
Regeneration and neutralisation are done using demineralised water and chemicals.
The plant includes the following main units:
- N. 2 Recycle pumps for unit 1 & N. 2 Recycle pumps for unit 2 to exhaust the resins and obtain the best efficiency from the mixed beds
- N. 2 Condensate mixed bed for unit 1
- N. 2 Condensate mixed bed for unit 2
- N. 2 Mixed bed blowers for unit 1 & N. 2 Mixed bed blowers for unit 2 for the regeneration steps.
- N. 2 H2SO4 metering pumps for the external regeneration (2 for each train) completed with storing tanks and accessories
- N. 2 NaOH metering pumps for the external regeneration (2 for each train) completed with storing tanks and accessories
- N. 2 Regeneration water pumps (2×100%)
- N. 2 Heater with vessels and accessories to warm the soda solution and achieve a better regeneration of anionic resins and better removal of the Silica present.
- Our goalDue to the tight requirements on the outlet condensate water characteristics the only viable solution was install an external regeneration system instead of an internal one. In this way, better regeneration results are obtained with consequent best treatment efficiency during all their service . This project is an important achievement for IDC that demonstrate our skills and our flexibility to satisfy the Client’s requests even for non-standard solution.
- DetailsDespite IDC's long experience with ion exchange resin systems, this project represents an important achievement in our reference list due to the whole external regeneration package. The most challenging issue was to study and design a complete automatic system for resins movements and regeneration avoiding any resins damage during the displacement. This project confirms that the technical skills and adaptability in meeting the needs of the customer, even for non-standard solutions, are fundamental characteristics of Idroconsulting.